There are a variety of different digital x-ray sensors on the market. There is an even greater variety of companies that believe their product is the ultimate answer to digatal imaging and question which dental x-ray sensor is best for them. It is well known throughout the dental industry that the use of dental imaging sensors, coupled with intraoral cameras and imaging software, is a proven method with numerous benefits for dentists and patients alike. In this article, I am going to produce a dental digital x-ray sensor comparison in order to add some clarity to this debate. Video Dental has been at the forefront of this innovative technology since it was merely a concept and is proud to remain a pioneer leading both dental offices and dental equipment manufacturers and distributors. To read more about who we are as a company and to find a more detailed view of our own x-ray sensors visit our website at the link provided here: Video Dental.
Dental Digital Xray Sensor Comparison | The Video Dental Difference
Though the technology that is incorporated into the different types of dental digital x-ray sensors is similar, not every product is the same. Just as every product differs, so does every company that distributes their own dental digital sensors. There are three significant reasons that Video Dental is set apart from it’s competitors:
The warranty option we offer at Video Dental includes a guaranteed replacement plan. This means we can comfortably stand by the structural integrity and design of our dental digital x-ray sensors. It also gives our clients a comforting assurance that, should anything malfunction or not perform as promised, we will gladly replace the product and do everything in our power to make the situation right.
The prices of our intraoral cameras and dental digital x-ray sensors are highly competitive. It also comes with the most efficient products currently available in the intraoral x-ray sensor market. This means that buying your dental x-ray sensor from Video Dental gets you the best product for the lowest price and the highest overall value.
Customer support is the last significant reason Video Dental is set apart from our competitors. Our Care Team is staffed with expert professionals that value customer support as much as we value our products. Should you have any questions about operating your dental x-ray sensor or need help setting it up, we will gladly answer you over the phone or through email. You can even find a live chat on our website and speak to a customer representative directly.
- Category / QuickRay** / UniRay HD** / Dentimax / Dexis / XDR / Carestream (Kodak)
- Chip Material / CMOS** / CMOS** / CMOS / CMOS / CMOS / CMOS
- Leading Image Quality / Yes** / Yes** / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- Cut Corners / Yes** / Yes** / Yes / Yes / Yes / No
- Replaceable Cord / Yes** / No** / Yes / No / Yes / No
- “Boxless” / Yes** / Yes** / Yes / Yes /Yes / No (Box built on cord)
- Standard Software / Quickimage** / Quickimage** / Dentimax Imaging / Dexis Imaging / XDR Software / Kodak Dental Imaging (KDIS)
- Independent Software / Yes (Apteryx)** / Yes (Apteryx)** / Yes (Apteryx) / No (Danaher) / No (XDR) / No (Kodak)
- Universal Software (Other Device Compatibility) / Yes** / Yes** / Yes / Limited / Yes / No
- Other Software Compatibility / Yes** / DenalEye & MiPACS only** / Yes / DentalEye only / Yes / Yes
- Windows Compatibility / 7, 8, 10** / 7, 8, 10** / 7, 8 / 7, 8 / 7, 8
- Mac Compatibility / Yes** / No** / Yes / No / Yes / No
- Company History / Est. 1989** / Est. 1989** / na / Est. 1998 / Est. 2002 / Originally Trophy, sold to Kodak, sold to Carestream
- Warranty (Years) / 2yr & 7yr (No annual fee, replacement plan)** // 1.5yr (5-yr available) / 1yr ($1,500-$2,000 per yr after) / 2yr (5-yr available) / 3yr (5-yr available)
Who We Are:
Video Dental has been a leading innovator and provider of state of the art dental imaging equipment since 1989. We have attended 300 trade shows and are highly respected in the dental field. Our mission is to market the products we invent, design, and contract exclusively to dental practices using our partners and our network of dental technology integrators. Read more about us and the products discussed in this article on our website and CONTACT US if you have any additional questions.